Monday, March 28, 2011

WHN Is Pictures!

The two photos that I posted with my last WHN Blog were just two of many that I collected during my time at The Nifty 1050.  Before I move on, thought I might post a few more from the collection.


The "Brookyn Cowboy" Jack Spector meets the Grand Old Opry

Contry singer Bill Anderson and WHN GM Chuck Renwick at the WHN 1050 Country Picnic

Del Demontreaux, Dan Daniel and Stan Martin at the pickle booth
at the WHN 1050 County Picnic


Jack Spector, Bruce Bradley, Johnny Cash, Stan Martin, Del
Demontreaux and Dan Daniel on stage at WHN Country
Concert at C.W. Post College

Dan Daniel front and center with backups Lee Arnold,
Bruce Bradley and Jack Spector

WHN DJs Del Demontreaux, Lee Arnold, Stan Martin,
Jack Spector, Bruce Bradley, Steve Warren, Dan Daniel
and country star Bill Anderson

Jack Spector started on WHN doing afternoon  drive.  Before
he left WHN he'd be doing the morning show

The Brice Bradley Morning Machine followed Bruce's
successful run on WHN's mid day Femine Forum

I first worked with Fitz at WHN in the early 70s and
then again at WABC in the early talk days where he voiced
spots and was a fill in host.  He left WABC to
do a morning TV show at channel 5. 
The show lasted for years, but Bob's participation didn't

1 comment:

  1. I knew Jack Spector from his days at WPRO-AM in Providence, assisting him as "Assistant Music Director" as he was wearing two hats then as On-air Jock and Music Director for WPRO. We stayed in touch after he went out to Chicago at WJJD, and then after his triumphant return to his home town, New York and WMCA. I attended Fordham University in the Bronx and would visit with Jack and Marilyn and Sherry at their Brooklyn home and, like many college kids away from home, they fed me quite often. After college I did my time in the Army and returned to find Jack at WHN, which when I had gone into basic training was airing "beautiful music" with Jim Ameche, and others. Jack and I met up and he showed me the WHN facilities, which were then at Park Avenue in the Lever Bros. building. So much had changed in how jocks worked - everything was carts; no records at all--countdown clocks for voice-over-music intros, which Jack never needed he knew music beats so well. I was over at WPIX-TV operations and the station was enduring a very bitterly fought license challenge and things were not happy at my job at all. Jack and I stayed in touch for a while longer, but I missed most of the tough years while he nurtured his optical business and tried to keep his hand in radio. For sure he was at his best and felt most alive when he was behind a microphone talking to folks like you and me. If you have any air checks from his WHN years, it would be really cool if they found their way to the FaceBook page, "Radio Jingles and Air Checks" which I belong to. Of all the NYC jocks, Jack was the quintessential New Yorker and his voice should be immortalized. Thanks for your kind attention. RobertCMichaels@NYCMail.com

    ReplyDelete